Why You Might Want to Rethink Folic Acid with Troy Duell from Centurion Labs
Nov 18th, 2022 by FindingFertility
🦩 How a lifestyle change can improve your fertility health.
🦩 The difference between folic acid and folate.
🦩 Factors to consider when getting supplements.
Do you get confused about which one between folic acid and folate supplements you should get? Did you know that folic acid is synthetic and our bodies were never intended to process it?
In this episode of the Finding Fertility podcast, Monica speaks with Troy Duell on the consequences of consuming folic acid on your fertility. Troy is the CEO of Centurion Labs and a former Executive in the pharmaceutical industry.
Listen in to learn the importance of making intentional lifestyle changes to help improve your overall health. You will also learn the difference between folic acid and folate and why folic acid is not healthy for your fertility.
“It’s not easy and there’s no magic pill, but you can change things and create a better environment for the potential of you having that child.”
- [3:21] Troy on his pharmaceutical background and how he got into helping people change their lifestyles.
- [5:50] He shares his and his wife’s infertility journey and how it led to a lifestyle change.
- [11:40] Why he went the route of helping bring beneficial and affordable products to people.
- [13:40] Why you should stay away from folic acid plus how healthy forms of folate are made.
- [17:21] Why the medical community is wrong about folic acid and what needs to change.
- [22:25] Why you should avoid cheap supplements not available in bio form.
- [26:03] How the folic acid/folate terminology confusion hides what’s in a product.
- [28:56] Troy on his new product Bump DHA and its benefits.
🍍HELP SUPPORT THE SHOW🍍 You can shop for your favourite fertility support products over on: