How can I increase my chances of getting pregnant? Interview with Dr. Reena Dalal
Jun 14th, 2022 by FindingFertility
🦩Infertility as a newer disease
🦩Knowing what your body can and cannot do
🦩Personalizing treatments to improve fertility
🦩The impact on our children prior to conception
In this episode of Finding Fertility, Monica is joined by naturopathic doctor Reena Dalal to discuss why epigenetics is the next generation of medicine for anyone struggling with infertility.
Dr. Dalal shares her personal journey toward naturopathic medicine following an ulcerative colitis diagnosis at age 19. After a trip to Malaysia and a life-changing visit with a naturopathic doctor, Reena made a change in her diet and a huge change in her career path.
What many women do not consider is the impact that their choices and habits have on their future children, prior to conception. The key is identifying what your body needs and personalizing treatments to grow healthier embryos. Do the work to learn what your body can do, cannot do, and acknowledge that your fertility is in your own hands.
Through conscious, healthy choices before conception, you can increase your chances of conceiving the healthiest baby possible. The gut is the place to start! Lastly, Dr. Dalal has a special message for anyone who is currently struggling with infertility.
Join Monica and Dr. Dalal as they explore all things fertility, gut health, pregnancy, and so much more.
- (1:37) Interview with Dr. Dalal
- (3:08) Ulcerative colitis diagnosis
- (5:10) Malaysia and a naturopathic doctor
- (6:09) A change in diet
- (8:46) A change of career
- (10:25) The impact on our children prior to conception
- (14:24) Personalizing treatments to improve fertility
- (16:55) Infertility as a newer disease
- (19:39) Growing healthier embryos
- (22:15) The gut is the place to start
- (23:39) IBS and increased risks for miscarriage
- (26:08) Asymptomatic gut issues
- (30:15) Sharing stories and validating experiences
- (32:20) The healthiest baby possible
- (32:45) Epigenetics is the answer
- (37:45) Knowing what your body can and cannot do
- (42:20) What you put out is what you get back
- (42:58) A message for anyone struggling with infertility
Connect with Dr. Dalal
Let's Do This Together
Google Play: http://bit.ly/FINDINGFERTILITYGOOGLEPLAY